Wednesday 1 January 2014

Desert Game 'Tandoor'




Tandoor is about a character travelling across a desert. With this game I was interested in the idea of a journey without an end. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Download the game from Gamejolt: http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/tandoor/20755/

This game started out being inspired by Borderlands. I wanted to make a game based on what I liked about Borderlands and what I thought it was going to be like, and where my imagination took me while playing it. Basically I wanted to see Rakk Hives walking around in the distance and skaggs doing more skagg things rather than just running towards you. I thought the game would be more like Fallout 3 or Half-Life 2. I thought after getting through the arid badlands I would have finally got to a big free-roam area across a giant salt lake or something. But that never happened in the game. So that's where the idea for this game came from although there is no point to anything and it's endless, it's turned out very different from the original idea. I would still like to make a game based on what I really wanted to see in Borderlands though.

3 comments:

  1. Could you please make a direct sequel to Tandoor? I would really appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want Tandoor 2: Electric Boogaloo

    ReplyDelete